Swedish people call this diet njutmetoden which means a method of pleasure. In this way, we can enjoy delicious food and at the same time we are doing the best for our health and beauty.
The LCHF (Paleo, Primal, low carb-high fat) diet is based on scientific evidence that the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world.
LCHF originated in Sweden and promotes the traditional local cuisine, the way our ancestry used to eat, with little sugar and more fat, using food the natural way.
One of the most important LCHF principles is to avoid sugar and processed food, the kind bought at supermarkets.
LCHF breaks the myths about harmful fats and cholesterol, and instead recommends eating more olive oil, lard, butter, eggs and other healthy fats. For example, the egg is one of the most complete foods, which contains almost all the necessary vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and selenium including protein and fat. Fat found in eggs allows the absorption of vitamins A, D, K and E. Eggs, but not grains and soy, are rich in essential fatty acids such as EPA and DHA, which are important for the life of every cell, and from where hormones come. An egg contains the amino acid tryptophan and tyrosine, which are antioxidants that purify the body from free radicals. Eggs give a feeling of satiety and there is no need to eat usually more (processed foods) after consuming eggs.
Thus, olive oil, eggs, butter, and other healthy fats that we eat in the traditional Mediterranean cuisine, give us great flavours and a feeling of satiety, so snacks aren’t necessary. Of course, but only in moderation. There are plenty of delicious and simple recipes that can use these excellent foodstuffs.
In addition to adding more fat to a diet, LCHF recommends reducing sugar (reducing the intake of bread, pasta, cereals, potatoes, rice),and eating cereals only if they are properly prepared, throwing out margarine and unhealthy cakes, also introducing fermented foods in your diet, and eating only natural food as vegetable, fruits, meat and fish and throwing out processed food. Such food makes you feel stronger, and is much more delicious.
By eating in this way, you can avoid cardiovascular diseases, metabolic syndrome (high fat, high blood pressure, and high blood sugar levels), diabetes, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
The traditional Dalmatian cuisine, which is prepared for you in the Mulier Health & Wellness programmes can remind you what it means to enjoy healthy food and results.
Changing your diet can change your life.
The LCHF diet:
BASIC FOOD TO EAT (contains nothing or small amounts of carbohydrates and you can eat it as much as you need)
- Fish (especially sardines and mackerel)
- Meat with the fat
- Jelly, soup bones
- Vegetables (vegetables that grow above the ground preferably from organic farms. all kinds of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, brussel sprouts, spinach, Swiss chard, collard greens, green beans, artichokes, asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, all kinds of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, fennel, celery and mushrooms)
- Cold-pressed oils – olive, linseed and sesame oil, cod liver oil
- Onions, garlic, herbs
- Eggs from free bred chicken
- Healthy fats – butter, chicken, duck, beef and pork fat
- Lacto-fermented foods like domestic kefir, homemade yogurt and home-pickled cabbage
- Dry meats, bacon, ham, greaves and sausages, but only from domestic production without MSG, nitrites and other hazardous chemicals
- Homemade mayonnaise and sauces made from cold-pressed olive oil, butter, local eggs, herbs …
- Best to drink water
RESTRICTED FOODS (contain more carbohydrates, and this food should be avoided in order to lose weight or cure diseases)
- Full-fat dairy products and sour cream, cheese, raw-unpasteurized milk
- Root vegetables like beets, Jerusalem artichokes, kohlrabi, carrots (but not potatoes or yams)
- Lemon, grapefruit and other less sweet fruits. Best i mixed with berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, currants) because it contains less sugar.
- Nuts and seeds including walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seed, sunflower, flax and sesame seeds. Ground nuts and seeds can be used instead of flour for a variety of pastries and breads.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coffee, tea, hot or cold lemonade (from sweeteners can use stevia)
- Glass of wine
- Glass of brandy
- Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa minIn the anti-candida Diet, this food, except for lemon, is strictly forbidden.
FOOD TO AVOID (if you want loss weight , if you have health problems)
- Sugar, sweets, soft drinks and all sweetened beverages, cakes, biscuits, pastries. Fruit yogurt, cereal and muesli for breakfast.
- All grains and legumes
- Pasta, bread, all products of the flour and grain
- Potatoes, sweet potatoes, chips and French fries
- Rice, corn, couscous, bulgur, popcorn
- Dry meat products that contain chemical additives, e.g. glutamine (flavour enhancer), preservatives E250 (nitrite) and sugar
- Oils rich in omega-6 fat: corn, soybean, sunflower, all types that are called ’edible’ oil
- Beer, which is liquid bread
- Sweet fruit and dried fruit